Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year, New Products

 December turned out to be a month of trying new products for me. Over the last few years there are products that haven't changed at all. And as time has gone by certain things I use I've become increasingly more unhappy with so I had to find new things to replace them with. Then I just had to try a few things that I've heard great things about. 


Soap & Glory- Great Shakes 
This is honestly the most hydrating hand cream I have ever tried. I have been hearing amazing things about Soap & Glory's Hand Food but that is not available anywhere in Canada so when I went to Shoppers Drug Mart where Soap & Glory products are sold I saw this and from what I can tell on how they are described on the Soap & Glory website there is no difference between the two besides the name. At first I was undecided on the smell, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not because of how strong and purfume-y it is but now that I've been using it everyday I love it. The only complaint I have with this is that I doesn't come in the smaller sized bottle like Hand Food does so its not really purse friendly.

Revlon- ColorStay Foundation 
I've been using Rimmel London's Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation for the past 2.5 years but because I have oily skin a few hours after putting it on my face is super shinny and it isn't a good look. I really like that Revlon has a different foundation for different skin types and this keeps me a lot more matte then Rimmel's and has super good coverage as well. The one thing I read when I was looking into it was that it needs to be blended in as you go because it dries really quickly on your face so I've had to change the way I apply my foundation but so far I haven't had any problem with it. 

Rimmel London- Lasting Finish Lipsticks
I got two of this lipsticks because they were on sales and I've become more into wanting lipcolor on a daily basis in the last few months and what to play around with it more. I got Airy Fairy and In Vogue and I love both of them. 
Airy Fairy is natural nude pink color that I wear all the time and definitely an everyday subtle color. Its a dupe for MAC's Cream cup as well. In Vogue is the complete opposite of Airy Fairy, its a bright fuchsia color that is bold. I don't think I'll ever gravitate to this for a casual day lipstick but for a night out or special occasion its one of my top picks. 

Both have the same sweet smell to them that I've heard puts some people off but I actually kind of like. Its not over powering but I do notice when I'm wearing them. Over all I love both of them and can't wait to try out more colors from Rimmel.  

Rimmel London- Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer
I've been searching for a new concealer for a long time but haven't found anything that helps my seriously bad under eye circles. I use Quo's Bags Away concealer that does a good job but creases. I heard that this was a decent drugstore concealer so I bought in on impulse. I does what I want it to do and it doesn't crease. The one thing that I don't like about it is the applicator, because the brush is built in I can't control how much product comes out and I feel like its been wasted. 

Revlon- Super Lustrous Lipgloss
I got this in Pink Pop because I couldn't resist the barbie pink color. Its got really great pigmentation and isn't sticky which I love. Its staying power is good for a lipgloss but the second you eat or drink anything you're going to have to reapply which isn't surprising or new with lipglosses. I also really love the packaging for these, they look really good and not cheap like some drugstore lipglosses look like. Definitely going to be buying more colors soon. 

EOS- Lip Balm
I will honestly admit that I didn't even know what these where until I few month ago. I have friends that use them and I've always wondered where they got the cool sphere shaped lips balms but never anything more than that. Once I learned more about them and saw people raving about them on other blogs and YouTube I went on a search for them but Shoppers Drug Mart always is sold out the them. Then I was going through the pharmacy section at my grocery store and spotted them so I had to buy one. I have the Summer Fruit flavor which smells amazing and I will not leave my house without this in my purse. It has been a live saver for my dry lips in this winter weather. 

Maybelline New York- Dream Matte Powder
This has replaced my old setting powder and I haven't even thought of looking back. I used to use Cover FX translucent setting powder which did absolutely nothing for me and after five minutes my face when back to being oily and shiny. I read really great reviews about how this helps keep your face matte for hours so I had to try it because I have nothing to lose and just like the reviews its does keep me matte all day. I put it on at 7:30 in the morning and its still going pretty strong at 10:00 at night after a full day of school them work. I love that it has a mirror that you can twist out on the bottom of it because it doubles as a compact as well. The one downside of it is the applicator the it comes with, I don't like the quality of it so I'm going to try and find a better one that I can use throughout the day when I don't have my brushes with me. 
  






No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Been On My Nails:Fall Edition

I love fall; it's one of my favourite times of the year, and I especially love bringing out all of my fall nail colours. I wanted to br...