Sunday 3 June 2012

May Favourites

The month of May was crazy for me in between school, and work there was very little time for anything in between so I ended up not wearing very much makeup all month because I didn't have the time to do it. When I did it was easy, and not a lot of thought had to go into it. 


Lancome Bienfait Aqua vital Continuous Infusing Moisturizer
I ended up getting an new moisturiser back in April because my old one was breaking me because it wasn't oil free. This one came with a pretty steep price tag of $54 but its totally worth it. I like that its light enough that it works for the summer but still moisturising enough to do it job. 

SOHO London Kabuki Brush
I got this at Walmart when I saw the new line of brushes that they carry. I needed a new brush for powder because the one I was using would shed like crazy and I was tired of having to pick bristles off of my face after using it. This works really good and hasn't shed anything which I love. Plus it wasn't expensive; I believe it was under $15. 

Mac 130 Brush
I've been on the hunt for the perfect foundation brush for the longest time and I think I have finally found it. I've used many different kinds of traditional flat foundation brushes and I always find it really hard to blend in my foundation without it being streaky. So I finally broke down and invested in this and I haven't looked back.

Revlon Lip Butter- Sweet Tart
This was in my February favourties as well and I brought it back out this last month and if there is any color on my lips it has been this. Its the perfect bright pink lip for day without being too over the top. 

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss-Pop
This gloss looks amazing on its own, which is how I used to always wear it but since I bought the Sweet Tart  lip butter I've been wearing this layered on top which just enhances the pink in both products. 

Essence Gel Liner- 02 London Baby
Shoppers Drug Mart started to carry this brand a few months ago and because everything is such a good price I had to pick out a few different things. I grabbed this one because 1. I wanted to know how well these liners worked and 2.because I wanted a different color other than black. This is the metallic-y silver which is still dark enough to define my eyes but not as hard as a black. For less than $2 I now own a gel liner that stay put until I take it off. 


Smashbox Beauty Exposed Eyeshadow Pallet
This came in the Beauty exposed kit that I found at S.D.M and I couldn't resist picking it up. I've reached for this the most this month because I didn't really have to think about what I was doing and it would create the perfect neutral eye. It comes with four eyeshadow and one highlighter. The only thing I can complain about is the shadows have quite a bit of fallout if your not careful but I can handle that. (I'll be doing a full review of the entire kit soon.)

NARS Laguna Bronzer
This is a long coming purchase for me and I finally bought one. I use this in the hollows of my cheeks and dust in on the edges of my face to add some color because I was still a little bit pale from winter. Plus I throw this in my purse because it has the mirror so I can do touch ups throughout the day. 

NARS Eyeshadow Duo- Kuala Lumpur
This is a duo from Nars that has gotten some mixed reviews, some people like it other don't, I happen to like it. When I want a little bit of color than the Smashbox pallet gives than I would use this. I just sweep the lighter shade all over the lid than blend the purple shade into my crease.

So those were my favourite products from May.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Been On My Nails:Fall Edition

I love fall; it's one of my favourite times of the year, and I especially love bringing out all of my fall nail colours. I wanted to br...