Friday 2 March 2012

February Favorites

This is a few day's late as it's already the 3rd of March. But better late than never. 
I had a lot of favorites in the month of February. Most of the things are products that I have been wearing on a daily basis.
Face
(Left-Right)Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Wet n' Wild Color Icon Pearlescent Pink Blush
This is a product that I was a little skeptical when I first got it. First because it is Wet n Wild and I had always viewed WnW as the play makeup as used as a kid. But because of the amazing reviews I bought it because even if I hated it, it was only $2. In the pan it has a lot of chunky glitter that I thought was going to end up sitting on my face but when I applied it, it was a beautiful rosey-pink color with gold shimmer. 

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
This is another thing that I had read really good reviews about before  I bought it and was excited to try and it has ended up replacing my MUFE HD Microperfecting primer that I was not happy with at all. I originally wanted the light version because I have oily skin but I think this one is still amazing and works perfectly for me.

(Top-Bottom) Maybelline 24 hour Color Tattoo, Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner, L'oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara.
Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tatoo
I have these in three colors, Pomegranate Punk, Tough As Taupe, and Too Cool. While they don't actually last 24 hours they do last the longer than any other cream shadow I've tried. I was wearing these with just a primer and it took 10 hours for these to begin to crease. I'll definitely be buying more of these.

Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner
I've never been very good at applying liner to my top lashes because I don't have a very steady hand. And because kohl liners are harder to get a thin line and liquid liner dry to fast its always been something that I've mainly stopped doing. Then I discovered gel liner and I was set. These are really easy to work with and because they don't dry instantly you have time to work with them to get the right look. Plus they don't transfer onto my brow bone or fade throughout the day. 

L'oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
This was a whim buy because I was in an impulsive mood and it was on sale. I've tried the L'oreal Millions of Lashes mascara and liked it but the smell really bothered me so I was really glad that this didn't have any smell to it. Plus I find this much more volumizing than the Millions of Lashes as well. Definitely something I will repurchase.

Lips

(Left-Right) Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss-Pink Pop, Rimmel  Lasting Finish Lipstick-Airy Fairy, Revlon Lip Butter-Cotton Candy, Hard Candy Visibly Wet Shockingly Glossy Lip Pencil-Cupcake

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip gloss: Pink Pop
This is such a pigmented lip gloss that I don't need to pair it with anything else when I wear it. Its super creamy and doesn't dry out my lips. It just adds the perfect pop of color to my look. This has not left my purse since I purchased it. 

Rimmel's Lasting Finish Lipstick: Airy Fairy
This is the perfect lipstick to add a finishing touch to my look without being over the top done up for everyday. For day's when I'm in a rush or don't really want to think about what I'm doing this is my go to lip product. 

Revlon Lip Butter: Cotton Candy
I remember see all of the raves about these on Youtube and blogs when they first came out and I ran around trying to find these for weeks. Finally when they came out in Canada the only place I could find them was Shopper's Drug Mart and they were only getting about 15-20 of them until they became a permanent product. I was originally looking for Strawberry Shortcake but no where had one that wasn't a tester so I settled on this one. It's one of the more sheer colors out of the bunch but still has pretty good pigmentation.

Hard Candy Visibly Wet Shockingly Glossy Lip Pencil: Cupcake
When I first bought this I thought it was going t be like a lipstick in pencil form but it actually turned out to be more like a lip gloss. That being said I actually like that it turned out to be more of a lip gloss because it has become an essential for me. It's perfect for on the go I don't need to mess around with anything when I need to reapply this, just pop of the cap and swipe on.

Tools/Accessories 
(Top-Bottom) Quo Domed Hearts Makeup Bag, E.L.F Eyelash Curlers

Quo Domed Hearts Makeup Bag
I haven't carried an actually makeup bag in my purse in at least the last 3 years. Finally after months of having to dig to the bottom of my purse under everything to find whatever I need to touch up my face throughout the day I bought this. It's from the Valentine's Day collection but I love that they pink in orange heart pop and it just reminds me of spring.

E.L.F Eyelash Curlers
One dollar. Just One dollar. These are so amazing and that's all they cost. I had been using my Revlon eyelash curlers before I bought these and they did nothing for my eyelashes. They didn't curl they very well and by the I had put down my curlers and opened my mascara they had fallen flat again. These however curl my lashes perfectly. 

Body
Life Brand Clear Action Acne Medication, Philosophy Purity Made Simple, Freeman Mint & Lemon Clay Mask, Soap & Glory Scrub 'em and Leave 'em
Life Brand Clear Action Acne Medication
This has been a life saver this month. My face has been breaking out a lot recently because of so much stress. All I have to do it dab a little bit of this over a pimple and a couple of hours later it has already started to go away. 

Philosophy Purity Made Simple 
I bought this in the smallest size available because I didn't want to spend so much money on something that I didn't know if I would like or not. I was a little skeptical of this because I didn't think it would be enough because I'm acne prone, but it does a better job than my Clean and Clear Morning Burst was doing because this doesn't dry out my face that the C&C cleanser was doing and making my face more oily. I've been using this every day morning and night and I haven't even used half of the 90ml bottle. When I finish it I'm definitely going to Sephora and getting the larger bottle.

Freeman Mint and Lemon Clay Mask
I have been using the avocado and oatmeal mask for years for Freeman but I decided to go for a little bit of a change and picked this one up when I needed a need tube. I think this does a better job of taking away the excess oil and dirt from my face than the other one. Plus this one had a much better smell. It smells really fresh and lemony. 

Soap & Glory Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em
I've been in need of a body scrub for most of winter and caved in a bought this because I've started to become a Soap & Glory junkie. To start this smells amazing. Its a different smell than the hand cream and body butter. The jar says it had Bergamot, Freesia, Vanilla, Magnolia, and Musk. It's a salt scrub but is still gentle enough to use everywhere. Plus it moisturises as well because it has babassu oil, jojoba oil, and mandarin oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Been On My Nails:Fall Edition

I love fall; it's one of my favourite times of the year, and I especially love bringing out all of my fall nail colours. I wanted to br...