Monday 12 March 2012

Clothing Haul and a Revelation

Lately I've become a little bit Forever 21 crazy and it doesn't help that I now have one 15 minutes from my house instead of an hour away making it that much easier to just pop in and find a bunch of things I like. A couple of weeks ago I saw the Rory Becca resort collection online and immediately saw a bunch of things I wanted but I've never really had much luck finding the things I see online in stores so I sort of just dismissed it. Much to my surprise though less than a week later when I went into a F21 they had the collection out and I got to get what I wanted.

This is one of the pieces that I saw online and knew I had to get. Its the perfect shade of blue that I've been loving for Spring/Summer. It had buttons running all the way down and its cinched in at the waist.  



This was the item that I wasn't sure I was going to like because I find it very hit and miss with flowy tops. Its ruched at the neckline, and has a open back. What I love is I can pair it with a nude tank top so it's not sheer or throw it on over my bikini in the summer.


I ended up with a new black sheer blouse. At first I wasn't completely sold on it but after I switched out the gray tank top I was wearing to a nude colored one I was. Its different then anything I've really seen before. It has pleats in the front and is button down which I didn't realize at first because they're slightly hidden and  on the far left side of the shirt. It also has so silver glitter running throughout the shirt. Because its not everywhere it doesn't look obnoxious but really pretty when the light hits it. 

After I had found the pieces from the Rory Becca collection I was looking around the rest of the store and  spotted this cardigan. I love that its it really simple with the detail just being on the shoulders. This is the perfect piece to add something to a simple outfit. 


Then of course I couldn't resist picking up a few new pieces of jewelry. The first thing I got was a pair of sunglasses. Last summer I went through a faze of only buy over sized sunglasses and I really just wanted a pair that would go with everything. 

The next thing I got was a gold set of bangles that have white beads wrapped around each one. I'm not a huge bangle fan because I have really small wrists most of the them will fall off if I tip my arm. But also because its a pet peeve of mine when someone moves they're wrist and all I can hear is the jangling of the bangles. With these because they have the acrylic beads it stops the noise when they hit each other. 

Another thing I got was the ring. Its gold with light pink gems running down the centre. 



The first necklace I got has two layers with pink and pearl color beads. This is a staple for me. I love throwing these on over a plain top to add something to my outfit without having to really think about things too much. The other necklace I got is a statement piece. I've been looking for a good statement necklace for a while and I finally found one that I liked.

The last thing I ended up getting was from Old Navy. I used to hate colored jeans. A year ago I would have balked at the idea of ever buying a pair of colored jeans let alone a bright coral color. But I've been seeing bright colored jeans everywhere for Spring/ Summer and while there are still some colors I don't like I fell in love with these the second I saw them. I can now proudly say that I'm actually looking forward to buy a few more pairs of colored jeans soon. 
  

1 comment:

  1. I love Forever 21 too. Sadly, I don't live in a country that sells it so i have to pay a HUGE shipping fee to get it to me! But when i do, i don't regret it cause clothes are so cheap!!

    Great buys!

    Luc X

    http://loveluc.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

What's Been On My Nails:Fall Edition

I love fall; it's one of my favourite times of the year, and I especially love bringing out all of my fall nail colours. I wanted to br...